Here are just some of the ways you can get involved as a volunteer:
Help people in Islington have their say on health and social care
Our volunteers play a vital role speaking to local people about their experiences and giving them opportunities to share their views and ideas for how services can improve. To respect social distancing, we are developing new ways to reach people during the current crisis.
Help people in Islington to develop their digital skills
Our Digital Champions help local people to understand the benefits of being online, and help them to develop confidence with their devices. As well as making online services accessible, they give people the digital skills they need to keep connected with friends and family.
- Help raise awareness of Healthwatch
As a volunteer, you could raise awareness of Healthwatch and encourage people to share their feedback on health and social care in our community.
- Develop your professional skills
Could you support us by sharing your professional skills? Sometimes we need volunteers to help us record and analyse data. This is a great way of developing your skills while helping ensure that people are able to shape the health and social care services they use.
- Report on local health and care services (this activity is suspended due to COVID-19)
We train some of our volunteers to visit health and social care services and report on people's experiences. You might be observing the service, gathering the views of patients, residents and staff, and contributing to reports which highlight your findings.
Current volunteering opportunities
Volunteer Board Members
Our Board makes sure the organisation does what it is set up to do, safely and within the law.
- We're seeking participation from people from Black and Asian backgrounds.
- We are also looking for people who may have experience as a family carer, and/or who use health services regularly.
- As a new board member, you don’t need to know all about the legal frameworks as training can be provided. Some experience of volunteering or working in a charity might be helpful background but is not essential.
Volunteer Digital Champions
Help others to understand the benefits of being online and spend some time showing them how. We are looking for people who are friendly, patient and are confident using a smartphone, tablet, or computer to access the internet.
- All applicants should complete and return the Healthwatch Islington Volunteer Application Form. You can do this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an informal chat about the role contact Philippa Russell on 07538 764436