Healthwatch responds to the Islington Council's call for evidence, sharing examples of inequality that we have come across in our recent work.
Examples of inequality:
- Lack of transparency in eligibility criteria for essential services
- Lack of awareness of services that are not well promoted in the community
- 'Digital by default' models of access to essential services
- Lack of access to NHS dentistry
Examples of support that residents value:
- Services that are holistic and responsive.
- Community services that provide a space where vulnerable residents feel welcome