We went back to Ritchie Street to talk to more patients, particularly young adults, using the walk in centre. We also held a focus group for Deaf patients, and visited GP surgeries to see how easy it was to register as a patient.
- We spoke to 80 Islington residents over the course of six visits to the walk in centre in November and December.
- People using the service valued it. There was some frustration about the capacity of the walk in service - it isn't always possible to get seen.
- A significant number of patients using the service were registered at the practice based in the same building, or were from out of the borough.
- If same day appointments are going to be accessible to Deaf patients, interpreting needs to be equally accessible.
- Information and advice given about registering for a GP varied and was generally only given when prompted.