We spoke to 101 service users across three centres. The feedback we gathered will inform the recommissioning of these much valued services.
People told us that the service currently offered is flexible. This flexibility needs to be retained, particularly in terms of the following:
- times that services are available and the range of activities that are on offer
- the recognition of a drop-in as an ‘activity’ in itself that helps people access services when they are feeling less confident
- being open-access and not requiring a referral, so that people can come when they are ready without needing to wait
- activities that are led by staff but with options for service users to take on responsibility too as appropriate
- a range of affordable food being available across the centres on different days of the week
- there is a diversity of venues, and identities for each of those venues.